3D Printer - Formlabs 3B
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A commercial grade SLA 3D printer for high quality, repeatable prints and low-number manufacturing runs. It is capable of bio-compatible resins.
- Risk of respiratory damage. Turn on air filter when resin is exposed or alcohol bath is open.
- Risk of skin damage.
- Wear vinyl gloves when handling resin or alcohol.
- Keep resin tanks level. Use care when moving.
- Risk of projectiles. Wear safety glasses when removing parts from build platform and cutting supports.
- Risk of cuts.
- Use provided build platform holder when scraping prints off of build platform.
- Orient sharp tools away from the body when cutting or scraping.
- Email email@example.com to sign up for training.
- Store resin tank and cartridge in cabinet when not in use.
- Wipe up any splashed resin or alcohol.
- Keep any biocompatible tooling and resins separate from non-biocompatible items.
- To remove parts from a resin tank, only use tooling designated for use with the tank.
- Request additional resins from firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow 2-3 days for delivery. Print prices may vary based on resin price.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.
- Guidance for biocompatible use: ["https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/3d-printing-medical-devices/fdas-role-3d-printing"], ["https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/products-and-medical-procedures/3d-printing-medical-devices"]
- Formlabs webinar: Using Formlabs 3B for making plastic injection molds. Discusses design techniques and post-processing. ["https://3d.formlabs.com/recording-fabricate-short-run-injection-molds.html?utm_campaign=webinar-injection-molding-2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=direct"]