3D Printer - Stratasys F270
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A commercial grade FDM 3D printer for high quality, repeatable FDM prints and low-number manufacturing runs. .
- Materials : PC-ABS, ABS-M30, ASA, PLA, TPU.
- We only keep materials on hand that are requested by members. If we don't have something available, a request can be sent to email@example.com.
- Stratasys may have added more materials. Any material on their website noted as compatible with F123 Series printers will work on this printer. However, a dedicated nozzle may need to be purchased.
- Soluble support material (QSR) available for all materials except PLA (uses breakaway supports).
- Build Size: 305 x 254 x 305 mm (12 x 10 x 12 in.)
- Layer Thickness Options
- 0.330 mm (0.013 in.): ABS, ASA, PC-ABS:
- 0.254 mm (0.010 in.): FDM TPU 92A, PLA, ABS, ASA, PC-ABS
- 0.178 mm (0.007 in.) : ABS, ASA, PC-ABS
- 0.127 mm (0.005 in.): ABS, ASA, PC-ABS
- Accuracy: +/- .200 mm (.008 in), or +/- .002 mm/mm (.002 in/in), whichever is greater.
- Risk of burns. Wear gloves when hands are inside the printer. Do not touch nozzle.
- Risk of cuts. Use provided back-stops to hold printing plate in place when scraping off plastic.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for training.
- Fill out CEG's F270 Use Request Form. They will send you a printer use agreement and request a credit card number. Print costs will be charged to this card on a monthly basis.
- Sign up for a GrabCAD Print, the slicer program used by the printer. You can download the GrabCAD print app onto your own device, or you can use the computer next to the printer.
- Only use filaments provided. Request additional filaments from email@example.com.
- Printing heads are material-specific.
- Filament shall be kept in sealed bags when not in use.
- Never upload a print by plugging a USB drive directly into the machine. This bypasses the print server and the payment process. Avoiding print fees in this manner will result in the revocation of your CoG membership.
- If the touchscreen becomes unresponsive, a mouse can be plugged into the USB ports on the front of the machine.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.