Bandsaw - Ridgid BS14000
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A bandsaw for general purpose woodworking.
- Typical blades:
- 93-1/2" x 1/2", 14 TPI
- 93-1/2 x 1/4", 6 TPI
- Cutting Capacity: 6"H x 13-5/8"W
- Miter Gauge
- Risk of cuts and dismemberment. Keep hand out of the path of the blade. Use pushsticks. Adjust blade guards to 1/4" above material.
- Risk of entanglement. Do not wear gloves or loose clothing.
- Risk of projectiles. Keep material flat on table. Avoid backing up material when blade is moving.
- Turn off power immediately if blade breaks or comes off wheel, if material gets stuck between blade and table/bearings.
- Hook up a vacuum to the dust collection port and run the vacuum while using the bandsaw.
- Keep blade guard about 1/4" above material to ensure accuracy.
- If you change the blade due to breakage or dullness, notify the Zone Coordinator so that replacements can be ordered.
- Make relief cuts on tight curves to prevent twisting and breaking the blade.
- When complete, vacuum out any sawdust accumulation behind the blade guard doors.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.
- Operator's Manual for the newer BS14002, but mechanically it is the same saw.