Bandsaw - Rikon 10-325
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A bandsaw for woodworking, typically set up for resawing.
- Typical blade: 111" x 1/2", 3 TPI
- Cutting Capacity: 13"H x 13-5/8"W
- 14" Diameter
- Fence and Miter Gauge
- Risk of cuts and dismemberment. Keep hand out of the path of the blade. Use pushsticks. Adjust blade guards to 1/4" above material.
- Risk of entanglement. Do not wear gloves or loose clothing.
- Risk of projectiles. Keep material flat on table. Avoid backing up material when blade is moving.
- Turn off power immediately if blade breaks or comes off wheel, if material gets stuck between blade and table/bearings.
- This bandsaw is typically setup for resawing (cutting large pieces of wood into thinner strips). The blade is wider and the distance between the teeth is larger than on a general purpose blade. The fence is set to be parallel with the blade, so care should be taken to avoid messing up the fence alignment.
- Hook up a vacuum to the dust collection port and run the vacuum while using the bandsaw.
- Keep blade guard about 1/4" above material to ensure accuracy.
- If you change the blade due to breakage or dullness, notify the Zone Coordinator so that replacements can be ordered.
- Make relief cuts on tight curves to prevent twisting and breaking the blade.
- When complete, vacuum out any sawdust accumulation behind the blade guard doors.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.