Bench Grinder - Central Machinery 39798
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A basic description of the tool and what it does.
- 8" wheels
- 5/8" shaft
- Risk of projectiles.
- Wear safety goggles.
- Never install a wheel rated for less than 3,450 RPM.
- Inspect wheels for cracks or imperfections before use.
- Risk of burns.
- Allow metals time to cool after grinding.
- Immerse parts in water frequently to prevent heat build-up.
- Risk of lung damage.
- Room air filters shall be on while grinder is in use.
- Dust masks are recommended.
- Risk of cuts, abrasions, and entanglement.
- No freehand grinding. Keep material against tool rest.
- Rest shall be no more than 1/8” away from grind wheel.
- When handing small parts, use vice grips or similar holding device to keep hands away from wheel.
- Use dressing wheel to keep wheel true and free of material build-up.
- Use silicon carbide wheels for nonferrous metals, and aluminum oxide wheels for ferrous metals.
- Grinding dust flies in all directions. Sweep and vacuum in a wide radius from the tool.
- Wheels may be changed out with other types if needed. When you are done, ensure at least a course-grit, fine-grit, and wire wheel are installed in the zone and ready to be used.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.
- See manual