Jointer - Shop Fox W1741
An 8" jointer for producing a flat surface along a board's length.
- Table size: 8" x 76-3/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-3/16"
- Cutterhead knives: 4 (HSS) 8" x 3/4" x 1/8"
- Max. depth of cut: 1/8"
- Risk of projectiles. Wear safety glasses.
- Risk of hearing damage. Wear hearing protection.
- Risk of dismemberment.
- Ensure blade guard is functioning.
- Use push pads or push sticks. Only apply downward pressure on the outfeed table.
- Set fence to expose only the length of blade needed.
- Wood only.
- Material shall be at least 12” long.
- Material shall be at least ½” thick.
- Material shall be free of knots, splits, checks.
- Check material with metal detector to verify it is free of metal. Chipped blades are difficult to replace.
- Feed in the direction of the grain.
- Infeed table height (cut depth) shall be 1/8” or less.
- Do not adjust outfeed table. It shall be level with the blades.
- Large woodchips are generated.
- Check dust collection port for clogs.
- Check dust collection bin level frequently.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.
Operator's Manual Excellent tutorial on squaring stock, surface planing, edge jointing, and beveling.
Video: What Does a Jointer Do? What it is and how to use it.