Lathe - Nova 1340
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Geared bench lathe. Includes full set of collets, four jaw and three jaw chuck, typical cutting tools, and tailstock. Does not have a DRO.
- Verify you are not wearing gloves, long sleeves, dangling clothing (necklaces, hoodie strings), dangling hair.
- Do not over-tighten bolts. Snug is sufficient.
- Verify cutting tools are sharp.
- Spin chuck by hand before turning on. Verify material is clamped by all jaws. Verify chuck and material spin freely without contacting anything else.
- Verify autofeed is disengaged.
- Use the appropriate cutting fluid for the material.
- Do not leave a running lathe unattended. If the lathe is on, your eyes should be on the work piece.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.
- Lathe Workshop for Beginners, Part One
- Lathe Workshop for Beginners, Part Two
- MIT Essential Machining Skills: Working with a Lathe, Part One
- MIT Essential Machining Skills: Working with a Lathe, Part Two
- MIT Essential Machining Skills: Working with a Lathe, Part Three
- Instructables, Setting Up Tooling on a Lathe
|SWING OVER BED||13"|
|SWING OVER CROSS SLIDE||7-25/32"|
|DISTANCE BETWEEN CENTERS||39"|
|SPINDLE||D1-4 / 5 MT NOSE|
|SPEEDS||70 - 2000 VARIABLE|