Welder MIG - Millermatic 35
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A metal inert gas (MiG) welder, for welding of steel.
- Rated Amperes Output 60% Duty Cycle: 150A at 23V
- 220V, 30A power.
- Spot weld panel.
- Risk of burns from hot sparks and UV radiation. Wear 100% cotton clothing, leather gloves, leather apron or welding jacket, closed toe leather shoes. Clothing shall be free of oil and frayed ends. Do not wear flammable hair or beauty products.
- Risk of eye damage. Wear safety glasses and welding helmet compatible with MiG welding. Segregate work area from others with welding curtains.
- Risk of lung damage. Uncoated carbon steel and aluminum only. All air filters shall be running.
- Risk of fire. Do not bring flammable objects or fluids into the welding room. Clean oil from metal before welding. Know location of fire extinguisher. Wait at least 30 minutes from last spark before leaving the building to ensure no hidden fires were started.
- Risk of explosion. Gas cylinders shall be secured in storage racks when not in use. Cylinders not installed on a machine shall have valve caps installed.
- Risk of electrocution. Do not touch live electrical parts (feed wire).
- Inspect equipment for damage before use.
- Do not use excessive force to install regulator valves. Snug with a wrench is sufficient.
- Due to the limited use of the MiG welder, only one type of filler wire is provided. Users will need to provide their own welding wire if they want soething tiddeere. .
- A full gas cylinder is about 2,000 psi. Notify zone coordinator when cylinders fall below 1,000 psi. Cylinder refills take a few days.
- Gas is provided with membership. However, if you use a significant amount (more than half a tank), we ask that you pay towards the next refill.
- Ensure all valves are closed before leaving the room.
NOTE: These materials are not a substitute for hands-on training with an experienced user.